So I made the mistake today of mentioning children in my Math A class today. We were joking and discussing a homework problem and I reminded the students that the form for linear equations was y = mx + b. One student was surprised that I knew it off the top of my head and said, "Wow, Miss. You know mad equations. That's not good for you." I shot back with something witty like, "Nonsense, it's very good for you." Then, for some reason (lapse in better judgement, I imagine) I mentioned that I was going to sing lulabys about equations to my children. (no comments about my being a nerd). That opened the floodgates. Kids started shooting off questions and comments like crazy. "Miss, you have kids?' and "Miss, you too mean to have kids." Etcetera etcetera etcetera. Sheesh, it's a good thing I had decent self esteem coming into this gig, because they try their darndest to crush it every day.
It's raining outside and has been for most of the day. I'm not really excited about running the 3M race that I signed up for. I ran a 10k on Saturday. It was really slow, but now that I know I can do it I can work on my time. The race is 3 weeks from Saturday. Here's the link for any last minute support you want to throw in our corner!
My Little Wahines
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment