I have officially survived one quarter of my committed time at Wadleigh Secondary School www.thewadleighschool.org. When you say it like that, it's not very impressive. But I feel as if I've already conquered. School is going well. Most of my classes are the same with the exception of my 8th period class which was changed to Math B. Also our schedule changed so we start at 8:00 a.m. instead of 8:30 a.m. It was difficult to get the kids to school at 8:30, but 8:00 is a joke. Some of my students still aren't in school for second period. It's mad whack yo! It's all in conjunction with the UFT's (United Federation of Teachers) new contract. They're paying us more, but they added time to our schedule; 37 1/2 minutes to be exact. No, not 38, that would be asking way too much. We're only giving 37 1/2. Yeah, I'm typing this during my 37 1/2 minute 9th period class which is attended by excactly zero students. No kids showed up. Did we expect them to? No. The teachers could have called this outcome. Unfortunately, no one listens to the teachers. They listen to people who come up with things like 37 1/2 minute periods.
My Little Wahines
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment