Almost as soon as I opened my computer my teacher friend Kristina Kim (my hero for the day) wrote "OMG I can't believe it's closed!" It took almost no time to realize that she must be talking about school. I was listening to the radio and John Hockenberry hadn't said anything about it yet, so I cautiously started exploring news sites. NYC Dept. of Ed. hadn't posted anything yet either. I was about to abandon all hope (desperately questioning Kristina about where she heard the news) when John came through for me. Due to weather ALL NYC PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED! Four years of waiting and we finally get a snow day. I'm so happy right now. Here's the proof:
I may look slightly deranged, but it's just excitement I promise!
I feel bad that I cursed the snow. I think it quite beautiful now.
Well, now that my schedule cleared up, I'm off to Ihop with my fellow blessed teachers!
4 comments:
You have got to move to Michigan, they cancel school every other week! Enjoy your snow day, I bet you are in heaven.
Campus closed here too—the first time for me. But, today is the first day of spring break. How can that be?
I don't know Elizabeth (or maybe I do?) but she's right about Michigan schools...and Ohio schools...pretty much all schools that are not located in Utah or NYC.
Congratulations on the snow day, Crissy!
And, PS, cutest neighborhood!!!
We had a snow day this year in good ole sunny Las Vegas of all places! ;) I think its the year for snow days!
Post a Comment