I don't like bugs, but, I don't like smashing them. Not because I'm a pansy, but because then you leave some of their guts in the room when you do. However, I couldn't have the bug continue to distract my very easily distractible students (you should see them when flies get into the room), so I picked up the book, walked to the window and returned it to nature (such as it is in Harlem.)
As I returned the book to its proper desk I heard one of my students ask, "Miss, are you a vegetarian?" That's where I failed to see the connection. What does my not wanting to kill a bug have to do with my eating habits? I guess I can see that there might be some sort of relation if I had a problem with the general killing of things. But I don't. Well, I guess I do if I'm the one doing the killing. But if it's a delicious steak that's already dead, why waste it?
Anyway, there appears to be a bedbug infestation at my school. I did NOT follow proper protocol by throwing the thing out. I should have kept the "specimen" so they could send it out for testing. They have to be positive it's a bedbug. I'll tell you what. I searched google images and I'm pretty darn sure that's what it was. When we're talking about bug infestations isn't "pretty darn sure" good enough to get some sort of bug terminators in?
5 comments:
When we stayed in Tucson last summer, the condo had bedbugs. Poor Scott was eaten alive. Apparently not everyone has the same reaction to them. Martha Ann and I never had a bite, but Scott was completely covered. Much worse than mosquito bites. Avoid them if you can.
oh gross!! I don't see the connection either.
I totally see the connection. Don't kill bugs-don't kill animals. :)
Can you put on any type of bug spray... don't want to bring those suckers home!
Oh ICK!!! My skin crawled and I started itching when I was reading this!
And hopefully you won't think less of me, but I just go ahead and kill all bugs. And then spray down "the scene of the crime" (so to speak) - counters, floors, etc with Clorox spray. bugs are gross!
I like to leave their guts out in full view--sort of a warning to the others. Danger is my middle name.
Post a Comment