So, I survived another year. The great part about that is that I get to survive yet another summer with no obligations relating to my paycheck. I get paid to do whatever I want. And that my friends is the beauty part. You all have to hear my incessant complaining about my job for ten months out of the year only to hear my gloating over you for the other two. How is that?
This summer has already brought some great vacationing. Jessica and I found cheap last minute tickets to Guatemala. So, being the wild and crazy kids that we are we bought them. A week later we were off to dare I say one of the most beautiful countries in the world. I've been noticing that since I became a teacher I run into an awful lot of them. Especially on my trips. It's like everyone has been a teacher at one point in their lives. We met some pretty cool ones there. And my desire to live in Guatemala was renewed. I'm seriously thinking (again) about living there next summer teaching. I'd have to learn Spanish of course, but I think I could do it.
2 comments:
oh, DO it, sister!!
I just went through your facebook photos of Guatemala. AMAZING! Looks like so much fun.
I've totally got the hook up for you if you want to teach in Guate for the summer... just let me know.
Post a Comment