Don't worry though, I'm not everyone's favorite teacher. One student made sure she was clear on that point today by cursing me out. This girl is a gem. I've talked to her after school on multiple occasions, I've sent letters home and left messages that are never returned, and most recently I've referred her to the guidance counselor. NOTHING WORKS and there are never any consequences for her misbehavior. Today she refused to follow my direction to change seats for an exam, so I didn't give her an exam. She threw a calculator on the floor and let a stream of vulgarity mixed with curses stream out of her mouth. I calmly wrote down what she said and called the AP on my phone to come get her. She was surprisingly calm after that, as was the rest of the class. Even her friends knew she had gone overboard so they behaved beautifully.
Some days are hopscotch days and some are waiting to get nailed in dodgeball days. Today was somewhere i the middle.
No comments:
Post a Comment