I've been hearing that question a lot lately. It's more frequent than it used to be and it troubles me. Mostly because, how do you answer that question? Especially when it's coming from a kid that I really don't like. Don't misunderstand. I'm not a hater. I enjoy most of my students, but some kids drive me crazy. I have several who are the bane of my existance. And it's not the same ones who would have driven me crazy when I was a student (those labels are timeless). Some kids cut my class on a regular basis and I'm torn by my responsibility to call their parents because I know it will increase the liklihood of their coming to my class. I don't particularly want them to come to my class. Am I a horrible teacher? Did some of my teachers not like me? I'm seeing my high school experience in a whole new light. It's possible that some of my teachers were human. Who would have thought?
It was definitely a Monday. I have come to dislike Mondays with every fiber of my being. I'm convinced that life would be better if we went Tuesday through Saturday. Better yet, Tuesday through Friday. How do I find a job where I get 3 day weekends, and summers off? I want to live in that world.
In other news, I'm going to Denmark again in August. I'm looking for a race to run with my sister while I'm there. If you know anyone who knows Danish and is willing to help me find one, I would be very grateful. I found all the right websites, but my Japanese training is useless to me at that point. Let me know.
My Little Wahines
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment