04 October 2007

I'm not really sure how to take this.

By the end of the day, I'm generally pretty well spent. That's kind of unfortunate considering my last class is a bit of a handful. Let's be honest, I want to drop kick them on a regular basis. Today after a particularly harsh run of teacher looks and firm demands I sat down next to a student to help him. It was obvious that I was upset, annoyed and tired in general. After I finished helping him, I turned to stand up and a student, out of nowhere, said, "Miss, do you have kids?" I've been asked before, so teh question didn't throw me. I tiredly responded, "No, I don't." Her response is what I don't know how to take. She said, "Oh, that's why." What?!?!?!

"Oh, that's why you're severely short on patience."
"Oh, that's why you don't have a clue what you're doing."
"Oh, that's why you can't keep control in your classroom."
"Oh, that's why you look ready to kill someone."
I'm fairly certain it wasn't complimentary, but I'd like to know how bad it was meant to be.

On another note, my coteacher overheard the following exchange during my class.
Boy: "So are you guys friends again?" Speaking to a girl about another girl.
Girl: "Yeah, we're associates."
Boy: "On my block that's a dis."

Picture 14-year-olds having this conversation. It was hilarious when she told me.

As for the new vocabulary:

Dumb not what you think it means. "Yo, that was dumb loud!" or "Miss, this is dumb easy."

Wow, now I'mbe honest whichoo (I'm going to be honest with you, they say that but rarely mean it) I don't know if they're saying WOW or WILD, but they use it the same as dumb or mad. "Miss, that was wow disrespectful."

No comments: