31 October 2005

On the street where we live.

So about a week ago as my roommate and I were walking home from church, we passed a guy getting out of his car to go to his apartment. We'd never seen him before and we noticed because he was quite good looking. Those of you who know me know that I kind of have tendency to stare. This occasion was unfortunately no exception. I did a little rubber necking see which apartment he went into. We reached our stoops at the same time and I casually glanced over as my roommate (we'll call her Britney because that's her name and I'm getting tired of referring to her as "my roommate") unlocked the door. For the record, he was staring back.

Fast forward to a few days ago. Because of the way the church is growing in Harlem (we have a beautiful new building just around the corner ) it has become necessary for us to represent ourselves community meetings. Britney somehow got volunteered for the job. She was at one such meeting last week and for some reason they asked her where she lived and she told them. Then someone said, "Oh that's where the guy from All My Children lives!" Apparently he just moved into # 136 which is just a few doors down from us. So, the good looking guy that I was staring at is a Soap Opera star. Even better, he probably thinks I was staring at him because I recognized him from TV! Either way, we're practically famous by association.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sorry it took me so long to answer my hotmail and find your blog link. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! I hope the therapy part is coming true for you. Best of luck and our prayers will be with you.

Wanta fly over to my place for your winter break and have two weeks of sun, and Arabian hospitality? I think Dubai is the opposite of Harlem both literally and figuratively speaking.

There's an extra bed in my daughter's room. Heck by then we may be in our condo and we'll have a spare room.