21 June 2011

I'd rather be called a Utard

In college, when people found out I was originally from Utah, they thought it was funny to refer to me and my fellow Utahns as Utards. It's always annoyed me. But now, as I face the reality of staying in Massachusetts for the foreseeable future, I realize that I'd rather be called a Utard than a Masshole.

I officially passed my teacher licensing exams (much to my surprise, I ran out of time on 2 of the 3). This means that my school can officially hire me. I will be at the same school again this fall as an officially licensed teacher. And I'm thrilled. I didn't ever think I would go back to teaching when I left New York, but this school is kind of amazing. It's functional. Its purpose is to help the kids. I enjoy going to work. I do NOT work with paycheck collectors. When things aren't working, we get together and figure out how to change them. I could go on and on about how much I love my job. But I won't. I'll just say that I'm happy here. So much so that I'm looking forward to teaching summer school. What does that tell you?

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Congrats Cristi!!! That's great news! Yay for great teachers! :)

Micah E. said...

So happy for you!

Jessica said...

Does this mean that I can officially start calling you a Masshole? I have been wishing and hoping and planning and praying that this day would come.

Becky said...

YEAH! Yeah you passed and Yeah you updated your blog! I am excited to hear about your new adventures!

Perry Family said...

awesome job!! you are too funny!!!