I remember watching the "how crayons are made" movie clip on Mr. Rogers multiple times. Every time I saw it, I had a secret wish to go there myself. Well friends, that wish came true.
 |
| THE CRAYOLA FACTORY! |
 |
| The wall of color |
 |
| Where the crayons come to life |
 |
The Color Hall of Fame
The Eight Retired Colors |
 |
Crayons falling from the sky, I'm totally not scared, neither is that woman behind me,
although she seems wholly unaware of the situation |
 |
| Need I say more? |
 |
| That's a lotta crayons |
We did actually get to see a crayon making demonstration. It was fascinating. Thanks, Mr. Rogers. It was everything I hoped it would be.
We also took a little side trip. I mean, as long as we're in Pennsylvania, right?
 |
| getting closer to our destination |
 |
| That place smelled good |
 |
| Charlotte, my traveling companion |
2 comments:
that trip was so much fun! so glad we could fulfill childhood dreams. :)
by the way, it looks like you found the other pictures! can you e-mail them to me? all i have is P1050092 - 118. thanks!
Oh my goodness! Mister Rogers inspired me as well, but not just to go SEE the factory. Thanks to him I want to flit around the world, working at different jobs, experiencing life as it comes along. Perhaps he is the reason I cry myself to sleep at night, fearing I'm going to DIE in Upalco and never get to work in the Applesauce factory, or the crayon factory, or the milk jug factory, or the.....
Post a Comment