20 January 2010

Home Sweet Home

The long anticipated day has arrived.  I have finally moved all of my stuff to Boston.  After several false starts, I was able to drive my things to my house to live with me.  It's been kind of strange to be without pictures or any kind of personal memorabilia around.  My walls are now covered and my shelves are all full.  I could post pictures, but I won't.  Because it's entirely possible that, although I began the task of unpacking with great zeal, I have now become bored with the whole idea, and my room is a shambles.  I'm just saying.

I would like to give a shout out to the many people who have cared for my belongings in their own homes over the past several months.

In other news, I registered for classes today.  They start on Monday and my most excellent month long winter break will come to an end.  I've decided that I can be a student indefinitely as long as I get at least a month long break between semesters.  I have been in Boston very little during the break.  Turns out, Boston is cold consequently so is my apartment.  Therefore I spent most of the break couch surfing.  Thanks to friends and family for lending your couches (or carpets, or beds, or bed shelves).  I am fully relaxed and ready to face another semester.  Even if it is as sleepless as the last.

1 comment:

Raquel Thomas said...

Is your Boston apartment as cold as our Wicker Park apartment? Remember the ice on the INSIDE of the walls?

Do you have a good hot water bottle? =) That and an all-nighter Yahtzee tournament can practically make you forget your limbs are numb from from the cold!