28 April 2009

And another thing...

I've made some plans with my life.  This may be news to both of you who read this blog with any kind of regularity.  I've been accepted to a Masters of Architecure program and will move to Boston this fall.  There it is.  At least a few more years on the east coast.  Hopefully this will be the degree that I actually want to use.

I got my acceptance letter just before I left for Peru so I had lots of time to think about my future as I walked up and down Incan stairs (seems like someone might have considered building a tunnel at some point).  I'm leaving NYC the first week of July and plan to mooch most of the summer.  If you're looking for a house guest, let me know ;)  I'll be in Boston by the end of August. 

It's a strange and peaceful feeling I have.  I'm so drained by this job that everything sounds better by comparison.  I'm excited for a new adventure, but it's going to be weird to be on the other side of a teacher/student relationship again.  Hopefully I haven't adopted too many of my own students' behaviors.  

10 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for updating!! Come and visit the WC before you head back to the EC next fall... it's been too long!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, that is really exciting!! But, I was planning a trip (finally) to NYC this fall and was hoping to see you. Guess I'll have to get Boston in my plans soon. Congrats!

Tamara said...

Congrats Cristi!!!! :) You'll be missed, but luckily you won't be far!

You'll do a great job in school!

Anonymous said...

"I think I'll go to Boston, I think I'll start a new life..." YEA! Boston rocks!! Any plans to come to Utah over the summer??

Perry Family said...

Congrats! I've always wanted to go to Boston...and not just because I like the Red Soxx either! What cool pictures you got while in Peru...and sorry about the parasites!

Holly said...

Wow! That's great! Congratulations!

Tigerlillie said...

That's great! Good luck in Boston!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your newest life adventure! If you are wandering this summer, you are always welcome to wander down my way. Nothing better than the Florida lifestyle! :) Good luck in Boston!

Raquel Thomas said...

I am so happy for you! And, dang it, a little proud, too!

Perhaps you may consider a trip to Detroit? We're no Peru, but I can almost guarantee no parasites!

Congratulations!