24 March 2009

Confiscated for my own amusement.

Occasionally I catch students writing and passing notes in class.  (and by occasionally I mean daily.)  They're no more clever than we were in high school and I'm shocked at how sneaky we thought we were but actually weren't. (I say we but mean the other kids because I don't remember passing notes in class.)  Anyway, every once in awhile I take a note and throw it on my desk, telling the kids they can have it after class.  They rarely remember to come for it, so I read it.  I don't feel bad about this at all.  Sometimes the notes are shocking.  Sometimes they're tragic. But mostly they're just funny.  Today I snatched one that was particularly amusing.  (I'm typing it directly.)

Student A:  "yo i'm odee tight and happy at da same time i'm odee happy . . . LOL :( and I was boohoo-in in da library . . . :(  want 2 know why . . . LOL what were you up 2 when I wasn't there . . . :("

Student B:  "what happened? Nm odee bored ha....."  

That's when I snatched it.  She didn't finish her thought.  I was thrilled to see that she was bored in my class though.

I particularly love the fact that both girls spelled odee like it's a word.  For those of you who are not hip to the jive, OD stands for "over done."  Why they add the extra "e"s when they can't be bothered to spell "the" I'll never know.


1 comment:

Jill said...

haha reading that increased my ghetto vocab by 60%