20 November 2008

The subway.

I got shut in the doors of a C train yesterday. It hurts real bad. I'm bruised. The doors opened back up eventually. Don't be misled though, they are NOT as sensitive as elevator doors. They will smash you and your stuff and and your kids and your dog and not even think twice about it. (Where's Ms. Manners when you need her?)

Yet, in all my pain and anguish, I'm still not convinced it wasn't worth it. I didn't have to wait for another train. As much as I'd like to think I learned my lesson, we all know that I'm going to run for the train again and if I think I can squeeze through the closing doors I'm going to do my darndest. Also, I'll probably lean against the doors too, even when the signs warn me not to because that's just the way I roll. Even more so now that I know how strong those doors are.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

i did that the other day...
mostly it was just my arm.
i mean, i have a lil arm... and now it has bruises all up and down it.
a friend of mine says the trick is to just stick your foot at the bottom edge.
not sure i want my foot to get crushed trying...

Anonymous said...

Ouchie!!!! Did you cry out loud? I would have. Maybe.

Cristi Johnson said...

Annie--

I couldn't cry out loud, (though I felt like it) I was still trying to recover from the embarassment of getting caught in the subway doors. tears would have only added to my demise.

Becky said...

CJO... I need some serious laughtime. When are you coming to visit?

Raquel Thomas said...

I miss living in a city where there is a remote possibility of getting caught in a subway door!

By the by, when I did live in such a city, I was waaaay too wimpy to try.

I did redefine my definition of personal space, though.

Raquel Thomas said...

And, PS, I MISS YOU!!!!!