A kid played the phone trick on me today. It must have happened before with other students, but it's never been so obvious. I called a student's mother and asked for her by name. The kid (the actual student, i recognized his voice) asked who I was. After he realized who it was, he changed voices and got back on the phone. I talked to new voice for a minute, who was very cryptic about when his mother would be home, and then he offered to put the student on the phone. Without any background I asked him why he hasn't been in school. He said he had so I asked him why he hasn't been in my class. (he shouldn't have known what "my" class referred to because it was supposed to be someone different who answered when I introduced myself. Kids say the darnedest things and think teachers are dumb enough to believe them.
No comments:
Post a Comment