15 November 2007

My teacher face got plenty of practice today.

My teacher face got plenty of practice today. I think my face may be stuck this way. I don't think I smiled at all. I witnessed the guardians today that contribute greatly to making my teacher face what it is. I was sitting on the bus on the way home from school. I was exhausted by dealing with behavior problems all day long. At one of the stops several children got on with their parents. As the parents got on, I could tell they were commiserating about something. They were speaking so loudly (and I have a tendency to mind other people's business anyway) that I listened in on their conversation. Actually my ears perked up when I heard them mention teachers. I couldn't believe my ears when I realized they were talking about how "aggravated" they were to hear so frequently from their children's teachers. Are you kidding me? They were annoyed that the teacher kept calling home when their kid misbehaved. Never mind the aggravation the teacher must be feeling that the kid keeps misbehaving. Apparently calling home didn't do a lick of good. These are the strong role models raising up our youth.

In other news, I'm running/biking/swimming a triathlon at the end of May. I don't want to say I'm competing because in all honesty I'll be thrilled when I finish, never mind placing. I'm participating with Team In Training. They are part of the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. They train amateurs like me and provide us with coaching and clinics. In return we raise money for cancer research. It's a great way to keep me motivated and do some good at the same time. Therefore, if you're interested in supporting me or cancer research, visit my site http://www.active.com/donate/tntnyc/tntnycCJohnso . It's a 100% tax deductible donation for a very good cause. Contribute to cancer research, not my teacher face.

No comments: